Byron C. Desbordes, DDS is a native of the Baltimore area. He attended college in Louisiana, receiving a degree in Chemistry from Tulane University.After completing years of field work, he continued his education by going to dental school and graduating from the prestigious University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 1997. After graduating, Dr. Desbordes opened a successful general dental practice in Windsor Mill, MD. Dr. Desbordes continues to excel in dentistry and does so by continuing his education with esteemed sources including The Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study, The Pankey Institute, and The Spear Institute. He is a dedicated member of the Maryland State Dental Association and Amercian Dental Association. He has served as an officer in several capacities within the local Baltimore City component.
Being an avid member of a sports team growing up, Dr. Desbordes strives to keep young athletes teeth and gums protected with oral appliances like mouth guards. Being a member of The Academy of Sports Dentistry has allowed Dr. Desbordes stay up to date with advancements in sports dentistry.
Dr. Desbordes believes prevention is key to any great general dentistry practice, so educating patients on the importance of preventative care is imperative. Dr. Desbordes goes the extra mile by staying educated in specialty dentistry practices including Sports Dentistry, Sleep Dentistry, TMD Therapy, and Implant Dentistry. Staying up to date on current advancements in dentistry helps Dr. Desbordes accurately diagnose, treat, and educate his patients on their dental issues.
When he isn’t in the office, Dr. Desbordes stays busy by spending quality time and playing sports with his young family. Dr. Desbordes believes in quality, personalized dental care. He stays up to date on current practices to ensure his patients experience the care they deserve.
Education & Training
- D.D.S., Baltimore College of Dental Surgery Dental School, University of Maryland at Baltimore
- B.S., Chemistry, Tulane University New Orleans, Louisiana
- Maryland Academy of General Dentistry
- Catonsville Dental Study Club
- Baltimore City Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- National Dental Association
- Maryland State Dental Association
- Smoot, D. T., Reau, J. H., Naab, T., Desbordes, B. C., Gilliam, T., Bull-Henry, K., et.al.,
“Adherence of Helicobacter pylori to Cultured Human Gastric Epithelial Cells, “ Infection and
Immunity, Vol. (61): pp.350-55., 1993.
- Abebe, E., Desbordes. B., Naab, T., Smoot, D. “Sulcralfate Reduces Helicobacter pylori
Cytotoxicity and Inhibits Bacterial Adherence to Cultures Primary Human Gastric
Epithelial Cells,” Gastroenterology, Vol. (104):p. 428., 1993.
- Smoot, D., Desbordes, B., Naab, T., et.al. “Enzymatic Isolation and Culture of Normal Human
Gastric Epithelial Cells,” Gastroenterology, Vol. (102):p. A166, 1992
- Sewchand, J., Young, K., Desbordes, B., Smoot. D., “Isolation and Culture of Primary Human
Gastric Epithelial Cells from Endoscopic Biopsy,” JAAMP, Vol. (2):p. 181., 1991.