Are you looking for treatment for gingivitis in Baltimore MD? Are your bleeding gums affecting your daily life?
Dr. Desbordes takes a comprehensive approach to your dental health. Your dentist in Baltimore MD screens for gum disease during all routine dental exams. Our Windsor Mill dentist office offers treatment for common signs and symptoms of gum disease. It is vitally important to fix gum disease effectively, and as early as possible, for your long-term oral health. Left untreated, gum disease can lead to more complex systemic and dental health concerns. This common dental issue can lead to tooth loss, oral cancer, infections, and more.
Signs of Gum Disease
Gum disease is a serious bacterial infection of the gums. Left untreated, the bacteria can spread to the bloodstream. Knowing the signs of gum disease can help patients seek the necessary treatment to avoid associated complications. Gum disease is best treated as early as possible. Common signs and symptoms of periodontal disease include:
- Bleeding gums when brushing or flossing your teeth
- Chronic halitosis, or bad breath
- Receding gum line
- Red swollen gums
- Pain when you touch your gums
- Pin when eating or chewing
- Change in fit of oral appliance
Dr. Desbordes will thoroughly evaluate the health of your gums and teeth so that he may provide personalized periodontal treatment. Dr. Desbordes will address your specific oral health concerns for your optimal oral health. Healthy gums support a stable oral foundation for a lifetime of healthy smiles. Gums act as a support structure for the teeth and help keep harmful bacteria from entering the bloodstream. Left untreated gum disease can spread to the body and increases the risk of developing cardiovascular disease, inflammation, and other serious systemic disease. Dr. Desbordes will evaluate your gums to determine the stage and severity of your gum disease. He will then discuss any lifestyle habits that may be contributing to your poor oral health. Dr. Desbordes will help you build a treatment plan that will maintain your oral health between oral health visits.
Periodontal Therapy Treatment Options
- Antibacterial rinses: for mild gingivitis or chronic gum disease, the use of an antibacterial rinse as part of your daily oral hygiene routine may be recommended.
- Scaling and root planning: when the disease has progressed and there are obvious signs of plaque or damage along the gum line, this intensive cleaning will remove built up tartar and plaque to enable gum tissue to heal.
- Oral surgery or specialist care: for advanced cases of periodontitis where gum tissue is compromised and damaged, Dr. Desbordes may refer you to a local oral surgeon or specialist to restore gum health and address damaged tissue.
Schedule An Appointment
If you have concerns about the health of your gums or are looking for a dentist in Baltimore MD, contact our family dentist office in Windsor Mill. We welcome new patients! Our dental team offers experienced, comprehensive dental care for your concerns and goals when it comes to your smile. Contact us at (410) 216-4023 or request an appointment online.